... from the additional reams of paperwork we were given earlier this month, we have seen that their (Catholic) orphanage appears to have a lot of outdoor space and a large play area - running and playing is encouraged, and the kids sound like they are receiving good care from the orphanage workers, teachers, and counselors. It's not ideal, but it could definitely be worse.
... from that date of July 20th (when they - hopefully - have their first meeting with the in-country social worker), it will take another month+ for them to go through the preparation/counseling required and provided by the country's child welfare department.
... with all the dates moving forward, that gives us more time to earn/raise the $9,000 that we are still lacking.
... the potential final meeting between the kids and the social worker would take place on AUGUST 24th, and gives us a travel window of the last week in August, but more probably early September. That's a full three months later than we originally anticipated traveling, but not any later than God expected, so we're looking at the positives and moving forward. :)
- - for patience for us, for prepared hearts for the kids.
- - through YouCaring, or directly to us via check.
- - a copy of "Mashed Potatoes" to support the fund: http://bit.ly/LittleBrotherBook
- - on social media, or email the link to this site: https://www.youcaring.com/KoensAdoption
- - an item from our Amazon registry:http://www.amazon.com/registry/baby/3FMEV8P5KVDOS
- - Carrie is available for editing work and more - visit: http://www.cgkoens.com/